The Architect, Mount Vernon Group, has been requested to address different schemes for this project. These include but are not limited to:
- Renovation of the existing Hadley Elementary School.
- Demolition and reconstruction of a New Hadley Elementary School on its existing site.
- Construction of a new Elementary School on a different site, including associated site development. Other sites include, but are not limited to: Stanley School, Abbott Park by Clarke Elementary School, Swampscott Middle
- School site and the former Machon Elementary School.
- Evaluation and needs for swing space and a review of alternatives (alternate sites, modular, existing space available in other facilities, etc.) including logistics and cost.
The Feasibility Study will also need to address two different programmatic schemes for this project:
- A neighborhood school with an enrollment of 275 students, grades K-4
- A district grade school serving an enrollment of 635 students, grades 1-4
- The project team will present their findings, compare these sites and programs in September 2013 and will request public comments. The School Building Committee will decide on the site and program, based in part on public support and comments at these public presentations.
The project team is working to complete the Feasibility Study in November 2013 and the Schematic Design by Spring of 2014.