Please Join Us for a
Tour of Hadley School (click to see flyer)
Popsicles in the Park
DATE: Friday, August 24th
TIME: 3:00 p.m.
WHERE: Hadley Elementary School – 24 Redington Street
Please call or email with any questions at
(781) 596-8847 or email@example.com
Bring your family to visit Hadley School
and make new friends!
We’ll meet in the gym for a welcome, tour the school, and gather for popsicles in Linscott Park sponsored by the
Hadley School PTA.
We can’t wait to meet all of our incoming students!
We would like to invite you to a Kindergarten Information Evening on Tuesday, June 6th at 6:30 PM at the Swampscott Middle School in the Little Theater. The evening will be an opportunity to hear about a typical day in your child’s kindergarten day including information regarding the curriculum and schedule. In addition, there will be a panel of specialists from the district in the areas of health, social emotional development, student services and kindergarten readiness to answer any questions.
The following are some updates to the registration process this year:
- Kindergarten school assignment letters will be mailed on or before August 15thto allow for balanced class sizes in the district. Please note that siblings are placed at the same school unless there is an individual need for specialized district programming.
- Kindergarten screening will occur during the first three days of school, Tuesday, August 29ththrough August 31st with the first FULL day of school Tuesday, September 5th. Special Education laws require that all children be screened upon entrance into kindergarten. The screening is a non-intensive scan of your child’s learning skills and abilities and lasts approximately 30 minutes. The purpose of the screening is to identify any learning issues that may exist which may require further evaluation and/or special education services.
The screening addresses the following developmental areas: social interaction, visual-motor/adaptive skills, language and cognition, and gross motor/body awareness. The screening measures how your child learns, not how much he/she has learned. Vision and Hearing screenings will occur during the first month of school.
Kindergarten teachers feel the screening is a critical opportunity for the teachers to get to know each child and to make balanced classes for the school year in areas of learning and social emotional development. A balanced class will allow for a successful transition into kindergarten and an optimal learning environment for each child as they embark on their educational journey in the Swampscott Public Schools.
We look forward to meeting each and every one of Swampscott’s entering kindergarten class in the fall. We look forward to meeting parents at the Kindergarten Information Night June 6th at 6:30PM in the Little Teacher at the Swampscott Middle School.
In the meantime, if you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to call Martha Raymond, Director of Student Services.
Big Blue Bargains is an all-volunteer, school run thrift store. We are open every Wednesday from 9:00-11:00 and Saturday from 9:00-1:00, with each school volunteering for a week. The school rotation schedule works out to just six hours every six weeks! The income received goes directly back to your school.
Since opening in 2012, we have donated $60,000 to the schools!
What’s in it for you if you volunteer?
- Less need to fundraise at your school or write a personal check
- Minimal time commitment
- Ample time to plan ahead to volunteer
- Fifty percent off the day you volunteer (at least 2 hrs)
- Minimal tagging of items due to new pricing system
- Helping the Swampscott community with recycle and reuse efforts
- Opportunity to connect with new people
Every school has a sign up coordinator who works on getting two volunteers for each day. We realize that committing to four hours on Saturday may be difficult. Therefore, we welcome flexibility with scheduling such as two volunteers working 9:00-11:00 and two working 11:00-1:00. We also welcome teachers, administrators, relatives, and students 15 years and older to volunteer for your school.
Go to our website, bigbluebargains.org, and click on the page “Link to Volunteer Sign Ups”. Here you will find the school coordinator information and the link to sign up to volunteer.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 Coordinators: Clarke: Allison Duffy, Hadley: Val Sweeney, Stanley: Julie Phaneuf, SMS: Jen Townsend, SHS: Susan Gambal
Please email SPSwebmaster@swampscott.k12.ma.us to report inaccessible content or if you have questions or concerns about accessing information on this website.
Complaint procedures and filing formal grievances under Section 504 can be found on our website accessibility page.
24 Redington St
Swampscott, MA 01907